Updated – Sept 2020
The health and well-being of our patients is always our top priority and we have been monitoring the Covid-19 crisis and national guidance closely. Following Government advice, the practice stopped face to face patient care at the beginning of lockdown in March and we ran a telephone triage service throughout the lockdown period.
We re-commenced face to face patient care on Monday 8th June 2020 for emergency treatment.
We are still prioritising patients who have dental emergencies or problems, as well as completing courses of treatment that were interrupted by the pandemic. We recommenced examinations for children and vulnerable patients in mid July. We are planning to recommence routine examinations for adults from the beginning of October. Our hygienists are back working, looking after our patients. Due to the current guidance regarding Covid-19, we are unable to see as many patients in the practice as normal, this is due to fallow time restrictions in the surgeries and increased cross-infection control procedures. We have increased our daily working hours to try to increase our appointment availability as much as possible and thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
If you have a dental emergency or problem, would like to make examination appointments or book to see our hygienists, please telephone the practice. Please only contact us for routine adult examination bookings from October.
Do not come to the practice unless you have spoken to a member of our team.
We have been working hard to ensure the practice is compliant with the current guidance issued by NHS England and thank you for following the new protocols we have implemented.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Patient instructions for attending an emergency appointment during the pandemic
Please only attend the practice if you have spoken to a member of our team and have been given an appointment.
For your safety we ask you to follow these instructions;
- Please attend your appointment on your own (unless there is a need to be accompanied).
- Please bring as few personal belongings as possible with you and ideally keep these in your pocket or in one small bag.
- You should arrive at the appointed time and wait outside the practice.
- You will be met at the door and asked to sanitise your hands, we will also take your temperature when you arrive.
- You will not be able to enter the practice early and sit in the waiting room, so if you are early, please wait in your car or outside the practice.
- We will not be able to take any cash payments in the practice and will take payment over the phone on the morning of your appointment.
- Please wear a face covering when you attend for your appointment. This could be a mask, scarf or similar
- Please read our consent form below before attending your appointment. The purpose of this is to ask for your consent to receiving treatment at our practice during the outbreak of COVID-19. If possible print, sign and bring the consent form with you, or you can sign a copy when you attend your appointment.
- Please bring a pen with you to the practice to sign your medical history and consent form.
- Please could you clean your teeth thoroughly before attending for your appointment.
- Please use the toilet at home before attending the practice as our patient toilet facilities are not available at the present time.